Slot Concho #ZJ
The one inch Slot Concho is made of stainless steel with slots cut to fit a 3/8 inch string. This is a very safe concho to use on your bridles as it is nearly impossible for it to come undone. Can be used on your chaps also. See guidelines for attaching and removing at left.
Bridle with Eggbutt & Mecate #HT2
The Bridle w/ Eggbutt & Mecate #HT2 is made up of the:
• Headstall: 3/4 inch Browband Headstall #HS24. This browband headstall is made of heavy single ply harness leather, 3/4 inches wide. The leather has been hand-edged, hand-rubbed, oiled with Neatsfoot Oil and hand-rubbed again. The browband is doubled and stitched which helps give this headstall a very eye-catching appearance. The throatlatch is made of 5/8 inch single ply leather. All the buckles are beveled stainless steel with leather loop keepers. The leather beneath the buckles is hand sewn together to prevent the buckles from slipping which helps make this headstall so easy to adjust to fit different horses. This bridle is available in 3 headstall sizes (see dropdown). The small horse size has a 28 inch crown and is designed to fit horses under 14 1/2 hands. The average horse size has a 33 inch crown to fit horses approximately 14 1/2 to 15 1/2 hands. The large horse size comes with a 36 inch crown and is designed to fit horses over 15 1/2 hands.
• Bit: Eggbutt Snaffle #18. The eggbutt mouthpiece has a slight bow which tends to be easier on the mouth while at the same time giving a clearer signal than the ring snaffle by applying pressure to the mouth on the opposite side of the pull. The mouthpiece is inlaid with copper to promote moistness in the mouth.
• Curb: Leather Curb Strap with Rawhide #CU40. This eye catching curb is made of 1/2 inch hand-edged latigo and is complimented with handbraided rawhide balls and loops. This curb is AQHA and NRCHA legal on snaffles.
• Mecate: Round 5/8 inch Nylon Mecate #DMR5. This mecate is made of round 5/8 inch brown braid-on-braid nylon and is available in your choice of 22 or 24 foot lengths (see dropdown to order). The 22 foot is a good length for colts and horses 14 hands and under while the 24 foot length works well on those over 14 hands. It’s made with a ring knot and tassel at one end and a 5/8 inch leather popper at the opposite end. The mecate is attached to the bit with slobber straps.
• Slobber Straps: Slobber Straps #ZL. These slobber straps are made of 2 inch x 5 1/2 inch (folded) racetrack harness leather.
This is a durable, punchy outfit that will last through years of hard use. This bridle will feel good in your hands and to the horse, it is made of the best leather I can buy. The eggbutt is stainless steel.
Make it easy on yourself! Get this extremely high quality bridle ready to ride!
One Buckle Slide Ear Headstall with Rawhide #HS54
Description: The One Buckle Slide Ear Headstall with Braided Rawhide is made of 5/8 inch single ply harness leather with hand-braided rawhide on the cheek pieces and a beautiful rawhide accent on the ear piece. The stainless steel buckle is beveled and has a braided rawhide keeper. The leather beneath the buckle is handsewn together to keep the buckle from slipping. This headstall looks great with the #BC5 Straight Breast Collar with Rawhide or the #BC7 Full Rawhide Braided Breast Collar and with the #CCR1 Rawhide Romel Reins.
Available with your choice of slot concho, concho, or tie string bit ends (see dropdown).
Shown with slot conchos.
Bridle with Shanked Bit & Doubled & Stitched Reins #HT6
The #HT6 Bridle w/Shanked Bit & D & S Reins is made up of the:
• Headstall: This #HS32 Doubled and Stitched One Buckle Slide Ear Headstall is made of 5/8 inch race track harness leather lined with oil-tanned lining leather. The oil-tanned lining leather is soft and feels good against your horse’s face. Race track harness is a very dense, fine grained leather which makes it strong but flexible. The buckle piece on this headstall is extra short to keep the buckle away from the horse’s eye. The bit is connected to the headstall with slot conchos, the safest connection available.
• Bit: #A4 Steel C Shank with Silver Bit. Almost all horses respond to this shank with confidence and content. Mouthpieces are available for every need (see pictures at left and select in dropdown). All mouthpieces are 5 1/8 inch wide and made of steel or a combination of steel and copper. This bit comes with the #BH51 3/8 inch Latigo Leather Bit Hobble.
• Curb: Curb Strap with Flat Chain #CU10. This curb strap is made of an 1/2 inch wide chain attached between two 1/2 inch burgundy latigo leather straps that are hand-edged, hand-rubbed and waxed. The curb can be attached to the bit with the chain flat or with the chain in a twisted position. The beveled buckles, chain and wire loops are all made of stainless steel. This curb is AQHA legal when attached with the chain in the flat position.
• Reins: #BLL1 Latigo on Latigo 5/8″ Reins Med Wt OR #BLL2 Latigo on Latigo 5/8″ Reins Heavy Wt. At 7 feet in length they are perfect for keeping your horse gathered in quick tight turns while never touching the ground. They are just right for riding colts and our shorter cutting and cow horses too. A close-up of the reins is shown at left; make your selection in the dropdown.
This bridle is very functional, exceptional handmade quality, built to last and the shorter reins will stay balanced in quick tight turns in the cow pen! The bit in this bridle is well accepted by almost every horse.
Shown on horse in addition to the #HT6 Complete Bridle is a well used BC2 Shaped Breast Collar.
Bridle with Buster Welch Bit & XX Reins #HT7
The #HT7 Bridle w/Buster Welch Bit & XX Reins is made up of the:
Headstall: This beautiful HS53 Two Buckle Slide Ear Headstall with Rawhide is made of 5/8 inch single ply harness leather with exquisite hand-braided rawhide on the cheek pieces and a beautiful rawhide accent on the ear piece. The buckles are beveled stainless steel handstitched to stay in place and with hand braided rawhide loops. This is a gorgeous headstall in the show ring and also very durable for everyday use. It comes with slot conchos, shown.
Bit: #B5 Steel Buster Welch Shank Bit with Silver. This solid shank bit has 7 1/2 inch shanks and a 5 1/8 inch wide mouthpiece. This is a favorite among horsemen, especially cutters. If you aren’t getting quite enough feel or response from your aluminum bit this may be a perfect replacement. The port on this 6F mouthpiece has a slight rise to give some tongue relief. The mouthpiece is flat allowing even contact across the tongue, not just at the area of the bars as in a mouthpiece with bend. This bit is made from high strength 4130 steel and is beautifully overlaid with hand engraved nickel silver.
Curb: #CU20 Nylon Stainless Steel Dog Chain Curb. The chain in this curb is stainless steel with 1/8 inch nylon cord ties. This curb gives a stronger signal than either a leather curb or a flat 1/2 inch chain curb.
Reins: #ASR3 Dennis Moreland XX Harness Leather Split Reins. These are the biggest selling rein I make. They’re hand cut from heavy harness leather and are 7 to 7 1/2 feet long and 5/8 inch wide and are short enough to ride little cutters with and heavy enough to show in. Heavy harness leather bridle reins are very special to me. Every effort is made to give you the best rein you have ever had. From working with the tannery to get only the finest dense, tight fibered leather available, to cutting the reins in pairs, edging, hand rubbing, oiling and hand rubbing again for a great feel before the reins are shipped to you. This tight fibered harness leather will last for years of hard use.
This bridle is perfect for the arena and will also hold up for years under the toughest outdoor conditions.
Bridle with 3/8″ Snaffle & XX Reins #HT3
The Bridle w/ 3/8″ Snaffle & XX Reins #HT3 is made up of the:
• Headstall: 3/4 inch Browband Headstall #HS25. This headstall is made of heavy single ply harness leather, 3/4 inches wide. The leather has been hand-edged, hand-rubbed, oiled with Neatsfoot Oil and hand-rubbed again. The browband is doubled and stitched. The throatlatch is made of 5/8 inch single ply leather. All the buckles are beveled stainless steel with leather loop keepers. The leather beneath the buckles is hand sewn together to prevent the buckles from slipping which makes this headstall so easy to adjust between horses. This bridle is available in 2 headstall sizes (see dropdown). The average horse size has a 33″ crown to fit horses 15 hands and under and the large horse comes with a 36″ crown and is designed to fit horses over 15 hands. The short cheek pieces on this headstall keep the buckles away from the horse’s eyes.
• Bit: 5/16″ Ring Snaffle #17 with the #9 3/8″ mouthpiece. The mouthpiece on this snaffle has a slight bow which tends to be easier on the mouth while at the same time giving a stronger signal than a flat mouthpiece. The mouthpiece is inlaid with copper to promote moistness in the mouth. Close-up of the bit shown at left.
• Curb: Leather Curb Strap with Rawhide #CU40. This curb is made of 1/2 inch hand-edged latigo and is complimented with handbraided rawhide balls and loops. This curb is AQHA and NRCHA legal on snaffles.
• Reins: XX Harness Leather Split Reins #ASR3. These reins are 7 to 7 1/2 feet long and 5/8 inch wide. They are just right for riding colts, are heavy enough to show in and have great feel. Close-up of the reins at left.
This is the bridle the pros start and show their colts in; very functional, exceptional handmade quality, and built to last. Also shown on the horse is the Shaped Breast Collar #BC2 which may be purchased separately.
Get this beautiful professional quality handmade bridle ready to ride!