Latigo Tie String #ZC
The quality of your tie strings is so important since they keep your bridles and reins from coming undone. This 1/4 inch x 16 inch latigo tie string is cut, hand edged, rubbed with saddle soap, waxed, and hand rubbed again to give you the highest quality tie string on the market. These tie strings are sold as singles, get a few to keep in the barn and in the trailer for emergencies!
Bridle with Shanked Bit & Doubled & Stitched Reins #HT6
The #HT6 Bridle w/Shanked Bit & D & S Reins is made up of the:
• Headstall: This #HS32 Doubled and Stitched One Buckle Slide Ear Headstall is made of 5/8 inch race track harness leather lined with oil-tanned lining leather. The oil-tanned lining leather is soft and feels good against your horse’s face. Race track harness is a very dense, fine grained leather which makes it strong but flexible. The buckle piece on this headstall is extra short to keep the buckle away from the horse’s eye. The bit is connected to the headstall with slot conchos, the safest connection available.
• Bit: #A4 Steel C Shank with Silver Bit. Almost all horses respond to this shank with confidence and content. Mouthpieces are available for every need (see pictures at left and select in dropdown). All mouthpieces are 5 1/8 inch wide and made of steel or a combination of steel and copper. This bit comes with the #BH51 3/8 inch Latigo Leather Bit Hobble.
• Curb: Curb Strap with Flat Chain #CU10. This curb strap is made of an 1/2 inch wide chain attached between two 1/2 inch burgundy latigo leather straps that are hand-edged, hand-rubbed and waxed. The curb can be attached to the bit with the chain flat or with the chain in a twisted position. The beveled buckles, chain and wire loops are all made of stainless steel. This curb is AQHA legal when attached with the chain in the flat position.
• Reins: #BLL1 Latigo on Latigo 5/8″ Reins Med Wt OR #BLL2 Latigo on Latigo 5/8″ Reins Heavy Wt. At 7 feet in length they are perfect for keeping your horse gathered in quick tight turns while never touching the ground. They are just right for riding colts and our shorter cutting and cow horses too. A close-up of the reins is shown at left; make your selection in the dropdown.
This bridle is very functional, exceptional handmade quality, built to last and the shorter reins will stay balanced in quick tight turns in the cow pen! The bit in this bridle is well accepted by almost every horse.
Shown on horse in addition to the #HT6 Complete Bridle is a well used BC2 Shaped Breast Collar.
Bridle with Spanish Bit & Romal Reins #HT91
The #HT91 Bridle w/Spanish Bit & Romal Reins is made up of the:
Headstall: #HS51 Cowboy Headstall with Braided Rawhide. This headstall is made of 5/8 inch harness leather. The crown and sliding ear piece are covered with exquisite hand braided rawhide. The sliding ear piece is designed to fit both small and large horses. The beveled buckle is stainless steel. The leather beneath the buckle is handsewn together to keep the buckle from slipping during adjustments.
Bit: This bridle comes with your choice of the #B91 Spanish Bit w/ Spade or the #B92 Spanish Bit w/Frog which has 8 1/4 inch shanks covered with hand engraved inlaid silver. The frog mouthpiece has a 2 inch port with a copper cricket and is 5 inches wide. The cricket rolls beautifully and sounds soothing to the horse as well as helping to keep the mouth moist. The shank and the port on this bit is angled making this a good bit to advance your younger horse to from the hackamore or curb.
Curb: #CU21 Double Buckle Leather Curb. This curb is made of single ply 5/8 inch harness leather that is hand-edged, hand-rubbed, treated with Neatsfoot Oil and hand-rubbed again. It is both AQHA legal and NRCHA legal on a bridle.
Romal Reins: #CCR1 Rawhide Romal Reins. These are made of finely braided rawhide crafted by an expert braider with 45 buttons and 9 barrel knots. Reins are braided on your choice of 2 core widths: 3/16 inch for smaller hands and 1/4 inch for bigger hands (see dropdown). The romal and reins are connected with an 1/2 inch latigo strap with rawhide balls and loops and the reins have stainless steel swivel snaps. The romal and reins are each 48 inches long and connectors are 12 inches for a total of 108 inches. The popper is hand stamped double and stitched skirting leather. See close up picture at left.
This is an absolutely beautiful, top quality outfit for your bridle horse. It is NRCHA legal for all bridle horse classes.
One Buckle Slide Ear Headstall with Rawhide #HS54
Description: The One Buckle Slide Ear Headstall with Braided Rawhide is made of 5/8 inch single ply harness leather with hand-braided rawhide on the cheek pieces and a beautiful rawhide accent on the ear piece. The stainless steel buckle is beveled and has a braided rawhide keeper. The leather beneath the buckle is handsewn together to keep the buckle from slipping. This headstall looks great with the #BC5 Straight Breast Collar with Rawhide or the #BC7 Full Rawhide Braided Breast Collar and with the #CCR1 Rawhide Romel Reins.
Available with your choice of slot concho, concho, or tie string bit ends (see dropdown).
Shown with slot conchos.
Bridle with 3/8″ Snaffle & Doubled & Stitched Reins #HT4
The Bridle with 3/8″ Snaffle & Doubled & Stitched Reins is the perfect bridle to ride your colts in. It’s is made up of the:
• Headstall: 3/4 inch Browband Headstall #HS25. This headstall is made of heavy 3/4″ wide single ply harness leather. The leather has been hand-edged, hand-rubbed, oiled with Neatsfoot Oil and hand-rubbed again. The browband is doubled and stitched. The throatlatch is made of 5/8 inch single ply leather. All the buckles are beveled stainless steel with leather loop keepers. The leather beneath the buckles is hand sewn together to prevent the buckles from slipping which makes this headstall easily adjustable between horses. This bridle is available in 2 headstall sizes (see dropdown). The average horse size has a 33″ crown to fit horses 15 hands and under and the large horse size comes with a 36″ crown and is designed to fit horses over 15 hands. The short cheek pieces on this headstall keep the buckles away from the horse’s eyes.
• Bit: 5/16″ Ring Snaffle #17 with the #9 3/8″ mouthpiece. The mouthpiece on this snaffle has a slight bow which tends to be easier on the mouth while at the same time giving a stronger signal than a flat mouthpiece. The mouthpiece is inlaid with copper to promote moistness in the mouth. Close-up of the bit shown at left.
• Curb: Leather Curb Strap with Rawhide #CU40. This curb is made of 1/2 inch hand-edged latigo and is complimented with beautiful hand braided rawhide balls and loops. This curb is AQHA and NRCHA legal.
• Reins: Latigo on Latigo 5/8″ Reins Med Wt #BLL1 or Latigo on Latigo 5/8″ Reins Heavy Wt #BLL2. Your choice of medium or heavy weight Doubled and Stitched Reins (see dropdown) are made particularly for ranch sorting and other work that requires the horse to stay collected. At 7 feet in length they are perfect for keeping your horse gathered in those quick tight turns while not dragging the ground. They are just right for riding colts and our shorter cutting and cow horses too. Close-up of the reins shown at left.
This bridle is designed for the Cutter, Ranch Sorter and Cow horse. It’s very functional and built to last. Best of all it will help you in those quick tight turns in the pen! This is also the perfect piece of equipment to start your colts in.
Browband Headstall with Braided Rawhide #HS55
Description: The Browband Headstall with Braided Rawhide #HS55 is made of 3/4 inch single ply harness leather with hand-braided rawhide on the cheek pieces and a beautiful rawhide accent on the browband. The buckles on each cheek are beveled stainless steel with hand braided rawhide loops. The leather beneath the buckles is stitched to keep the buckles from slipping. This is a beautiful piece for work or show and is stunning on your snaffle bit colt! This headstall looks real good with the the #BC5 Straight Breast Collar with Rawhide or the #BC7 Full Rawhide Braided Breast Collar and with the #CCR1 Rawhide Romel Reins..
Available with your choice of slot concho, concho or tie string bit ends (see dropdown).
Shown with slot conchos.