3/4″ Two Buckle Slide Ear Headstall #HS23
Description: The 3/4 Inch Two Buckle Slide Ear Headstall #HS23 is made of single ply heavy harness leather that is 3/4 inch wide and is designed with teardrop bit ends The sliding ear piece on this headstall is doubled and stitched. The leather is hand-edged, hand-rubbed, oiled with Neatsfoot Oil and hand-rubbed again. The buckles are beveled stainless steel. The leather beneath the buckles is hand sewn together to prevent the buckles from slipping. They’re always right where you need them when you adjust the size of the headstall for another horse.
This headstall is available in 3 sizes (see dropdown). The small horse size has a 28 inch crown and is designed to fit horses under 14 1/2 hands. The average horse size has a 33 inch crown to fit horses approximately 14 1/2 to 15 1/2 hands. The large horse size comes with a 36 inch crown and is designed to fit horses over 15 1/2 hands.
Like the#HS13 5/8 Inch Two Buckle Slide Ear this is a great headstall for any discipline with a shank bit. It comes with your choice of slot conchos, conchos or tie string bit ends (see dropdown).
Shown with slot conchos.
Basket Stamped Slot Ear Headstall #HS40
Description: The Basket Stamped Slot Ear Headstall is made of 5/8 inch double and stitched skirting leather. It has a precisely designed slot to fit comfortably on the ear of any age or size horse. There is one beveled stainless steel adjustment buckle with a hand braided rawhide loop keeper. The extra hand stitching just below the buckle prevents it from slipping. The headstall is completely handmade and hand stamped.
Crafting: To make a doubled and stitched stamped headstall I take 2 pieces of skirting leather and split them to the correct thicknesses. Next I glue the 2 pieces and carefully cut the desired shapes. Finally it’s stitched together and stamped. Doubled and stitched leather is more durable and longer lasting than single ply leather. The doubled & stitched items are not thicker than single ply leather so still have that good feel in your hands and on the horse.
Available with your choice of slot concho, concho, or tie string bit ends (see dropdown).
Shown with slot conchos.
One Buckle Slot Ear Headstall with Rawhide #HS52
Description: The One Buckle Slot Ear Headstall with Rawhide #HS51 is made of 5/8 inch single ply harness leather with hand-braided rawhide on the cheek pieces and a beautiful rawhide accent on the ear slot. This headstall has a long ear slot for a comfortable fit on any age or size horse. The single buckle is beveled stainless steel with a rawhide loop keeper. The leather beneath the buckle is hand sewn together to keep the buckle from slipping.
Available with your choice of slot concho, concho or tie end bit ends (see dropdown).
Shown with slot conchos.
Bridle with Eggbutt & Mecate #HT2
The Bridle w/ Eggbutt & Mecate #HT2 is made up of the:
• Headstall: 3/4 inch Browband Headstall #HS24. This browband headstall is made of heavy single ply harness leather, 3/4 inches wide. The leather has been hand-edged, hand-rubbed, oiled with Neatsfoot Oil and hand-rubbed again. The browband is doubled and stitched which helps give this headstall a very eye-catching appearance. The throatlatch is made of 5/8 inch single ply leather. All the buckles are beveled stainless steel with leather loop keepers. The leather beneath the buckles is hand sewn together to prevent the buckles from slipping which helps make this headstall so easy to adjust to fit different horses. This bridle is available in 3 headstall sizes (see dropdown). The small horse size has a 28 inch crown and is designed to fit horses under 14 1/2 hands. The average horse size has a 33 inch crown to fit horses approximately 14 1/2 to 15 1/2 hands. The large horse size comes with a 36 inch crown and is designed to fit horses over 15 1/2 hands.
• Bit: Eggbutt Snaffle #18. The eggbutt mouthpiece has a slight bow which tends to be easier on the mouth while at the same time giving a clearer signal than the ring snaffle by applying pressure to the mouth on the opposite side of the pull. The mouthpiece is inlaid with copper to promote moistness in the mouth.
• Curb: Leather Curb Strap with Rawhide #CU40. This eye catching curb is made of 1/2 inch hand-edged latigo and is complimented with handbraided rawhide balls and loops. This curb is AQHA and NRCHA legal on snaffles.
• Mecate: Round 5/8 inch Nylon Mecate #DMR5. This mecate is made of round 5/8 inch brown braid-on-braid nylon and is available in your choice of 22 or 24 foot lengths (see dropdown to order). The 22 foot is a good length for colts and horses 14 hands and under while the 24 foot length works well on those over 14 hands. It’s made with a ring knot and tassel at one end and a 5/8 inch leather popper at the opposite end. The mecate is attached to the bit with slobber straps.
• Slobber Straps: Slobber Straps #ZL. These slobber straps are made of 2 inch x 5 1/2 inch (folded) racetrack harness leather.
This is a durable, punchy outfit that will last through years of hard use. This bridle will feel good in your hands and to the horse, it is made of the best leather I can buy. The eggbutt is stainless steel.
Make it easy on yourself! Get this extremely high quality bridle ready to ride!
Bridle with Shanked Bit & Doubled & Stitched Reins #HT6
The #HT6 Bridle w/Shanked Bit & D & S Reins is made up of the:
• Headstall: This #HS32 Doubled and Stitched One Buckle Slide Ear Headstall is made of 5/8 inch race track harness leather lined with oil-tanned lining leather. The oil-tanned lining leather is soft and feels good against your horse’s face. Race track harness is a very dense, fine grained leather which makes it strong but flexible. The buckle piece on this headstall is extra short to keep the buckle away from the horse’s eye. The bit is connected to the headstall with slot conchos, the safest connection available.
• Bit: #A4 Steel C Shank with Silver Bit. Almost all horses respond to this shank with confidence and content. Mouthpieces are available for every need (see pictures at left and select in dropdown). All mouthpieces are 5 1/8 inch wide and made of steel or a combination of steel and copper. This bit comes with the #BH51 3/8 inch Latigo Leather Bit Hobble.
• Curb: Curb Strap with Flat Chain #CU10. This curb strap is made of an 1/2 inch wide chain attached between two 1/2 inch burgundy latigo leather straps that are hand-edged, hand-rubbed and waxed. The curb can be attached to the bit with the chain flat or with the chain in a twisted position. The beveled buckles, chain and wire loops are all made of stainless steel. This curb is AQHA legal when attached with the chain in the flat position.
• Reins: #BLL1 Latigo on Latigo 5/8″ Reins Med Wt OR #BLL2 Latigo on Latigo 5/8″ Reins Heavy Wt. At 7 feet in length they are perfect for keeping your horse gathered in quick tight turns while never touching the ground. They are just right for riding colts and our shorter cutting and cow horses too. A close-up of the reins is shown at left; make your selection in the dropdown.
This bridle is very functional, exceptional handmade quality, built to last and the shorter reins will stay balanced in quick tight turns in the cow pen! The bit in this bridle is well accepted by almost every horse.
Shown on horse in addition to the #HT6 Complete Bridle is a well used BC2 Shaped Breast Collar.
Cowboy Headstall with Rawhide or Kangaroo #HS51
Description: The Cowboy Headstall With Rawhide or Kangaroo #HS51 is made of leather that is exquisitely covered in hand braided rawhide or kangaroo. Available in your choice of six designs; A-all natural rawhide, B-natural rawhide with black ring knots, C-natural rawhide with black interweave, D-black kangaroo with rawhide buttons, E-black kangaroo and F-black kangaroo with rawhide buttons and ring knots (see pictures at left). The headstall is made of 5/8 inch harness leather and the crown and sliding ear piece are covered in braided rawhide or kangaroo that is beveled so it’s smooth to the touch. The sliding ear piece is designed to fit both small and large horses comfortably. The beveled buckle is stainless steel and the leather beneath the buckle is handsewn together to keep the buckle from slipping.
This is a gorgeous headstall and looks great in the show pen, especially with the #BC5 Straight Breast Collar with Rawhide (available in natural or natural with black accents) or the #BC7 Full Rawhide Braided Breast Collar and the #CCR1 Rawhide Romel Reins. This headstall is available with your choice of slot concho, concho, or tie string bit ends (see dropdown).
Shown with slot conchos.
Shown on the bay horse in addition to the Cowboy Headstall with Rawhide or Kangaroo in rawhide is the #B92 Spanish Bit with Frog Mouthpiece, and the #CCR1 Rawhide Romel Reins. Shown on the roan horse in addition to the Cowboy Headstall with Rawhide or Kangaroo in black kangaroo with rawhide buttons is the Steel Short S Shank Bit #B2 with roller and the Double Buckle Leather Curb Strap #CU21.