Straight Breast Collar with Full Rawhide Braid #BC7
$419.99 – $504.99
Description: The body of the Rawhide Braided Breast Collar #BC7 is covered fully in hand braided rawhide and looks amazing with any of the rawhide braided headstalls available here at DM Tack! It comes with your choice of a beveled stainless steel center ring or a beautiful sterling silver concho. The silver concho is custom made by Vogt for Dennis Moreland Tack and will add the winning touch to your show tack (select in dropdown).
This breast collar is 1 inch wide and is made of racetrack harness leather lined with burgundy latigo leather. The chafe under the center dee is lined with sheepskin. The hold down strap is adjustable single ply leather with an easily adjustable buckle. The tugs are 3/4 inch wide. The dees, buckles and snap are all stainless steel.
This is the perfect breast collar to ride every day and in the show pen. It will stay in top shape and look great even with years of hard use.
Doubled and Stitched One Buckle Headstall #HS32
Description: The Doubled and Stitched One Buckle Slide Ear Headstall #HS32 is made of 5/8 inch race track harness leather lined with oil-tanned lining leather. Race track harness is a very dense, fine grained leather which makes it strong but flexible. This is the best leather I can buy. The lining leather feels good against your horse’s face. This headstall is hand-edged, hand-rubbed, treated with Neatsfoot Oil and hand-rubbed again. The beveled buckle is stainless steel. The leather beneath the buckle is hand sewn together to prevent the buckle from slipping.
How it works: The buckle piece on this headstall is extra short to keep the buckle away from the horse’s eye. This doubled & stitched headstall is not thicker than a single ply leather headstall so has that good feel in your hands and on the horse’s face.
Crafting: To make a doubled and stitched headstall I take the race track harness and the oil-tanned lining leathers and split them to the correct thicknesses. Next I glue the 2 pieces and carefully cut the desired shapes. Finally it’s stitched together. Doubled and stitched leather is more durable and longer lasting than single ply leather and also has a nice eye-catching appearance.
The Doubled and Stitched One Buckle Slide Ear Headstall has teardrop bit ends with your choice of slot conchos, tie ends, or conchos (see dropdown).
Shown with slot conchos.
Cow Horse Bridle #HT9
The #HT9 Cow Horse Bridle is made up of the:
Headstall: The#HS51 Cowboy Headstall with Braided Rawhide is made of 5/8 inch harness leather. The crown and sliding ear piece are covered with exquisite hand braided rawhide. The sliding ear piece is designed to fit both small and large horses. The beveled buckle is stainless steel. The leather beneath the buckle is handsewn together to keep the buckle from slipping during adjustments.
Bit: The #A6 Steel Calvary Shank Bit is made of very high strength 4130 steel, the joints are smooth, this bit is made to last a lifetime. The hand engraved nickel silver on the shanks makes this beautiful both in and out of the show arena. This bit is available with your choice of 2 mouthpieces: the #4F w/roller or the #4B w/roller (see picture at left). Each is 5 1/8 inches wide, 7/16th of an inch in diameter, and has a 1 inch port. The roller is copper. This is a favorite in many disciplines including cowhorse, and is legal in NRCHA competition with either of these 2 mouthpieces. Choose the mouthpiece you need in the dropdown. Close-up of the bit with #4F mouthpiece (without a roller) is shown at left.
Bit Hobble: The #BH41 Bit Hobble has a beautiful hand braided rawhide ball and hand braided rawhide loop keepers. It is made of 1/2 inch hand edged latigo leather and is 5 1/8 inches wide. The latigo leather that has been rubbed and waxed.
Curb: The #CU21 Double Buckle Leather Curb is made of single ply 5/8 inch harness leather that is hand-edged, hand-rubbed, treated with Neatsfoot Oil and hand-rubbed again. It is both AQHA legal and NRCHA legal on a bridle.
Romal Reins: The #CCR1 Rawhide Romal Reins are made of finely braided rawhide, crafted by an expert braider, with 45 buttons and 9 barrel knots. The popper is hand stamped double and stitched skirting leather. Reins are braided on your choice of 2 core widths: 3/16 inch for smaller hands and 1/4 inch for bigger hands (see dropdown). The romal and reins are connected with an 1/2 inch latigo strap with rawhide balls and loops and the reins have stainless steel swivel snaps. The romal and reins are each 48 inches long and connectors are 12 inches for a total length of 108 inches. Close-up of the reins shown at left.
This is an absolutely beautiful, top quality outfit for your bridle horse. It is NRCHA legal for all bridle horse classes. Also shown on the horse is the #BC7 Full Rawhide Braided Breast Collar which may be purchased separately.
One Buckle Slot Ear Headstall with Rawhide #HS52
Description: The One Buckle Slot Ear Headstall with Rawhide #HS51 is made of 5/8 inch single ply harness leather with hand-braided rawhide on the cheek pieces and a beautiful rawhide accent on the ear slot. This headstall has a long ear slot for a comfortable fit on any age or size horse. The single buckle is beveled stainless steel with a rawhide loop keeper. The leather beneath the buckle is hand sewn together to keep the buckle from slipping.
Available with your choice of slot concho, concho or tie end bit ends (see dropdown).
Shown with slot conchos.
Bridle with 3/8″ Snaffle & XX Reins #HT3
The Bridle w/ 3/8″ Snaffle & XX Reins #HT3 is made up of the:
• Headstall: 3/4 inch Browband Headstall #HS25. This headstall is made of heavy single ply harness leather, 3/4 inches wide. The leather has been hand-edged, hand-rubbed, oiled with Neatsfoot Oil and hand-rubbed again. The browband is doubled and stitched. The throatlatch is made of 5/8 inch single ply leather. All the buckles are beveled stainless steel with leather loop keepers. The leather beneath the buckles is hand sewn together to prevent the buckles from slipping which makes this headstall so easy to adjust between horses. This bridle is available in 2 headstall sizes (see dropdown). The average horse size has a 33″ crown to fit horses 15 hands and under and the large horse comes with a 36″ crown and is designed to fit horses over 15 hands. The short cheek pieces on this headstall keep the buckles away from the horse’s eyes.
• Bit: 5/16″ Ring Snaffle #17 with the #9 3/8″ mouthpiece. The mouthpiece on this snaffle has a slight bow which tends to be easier on the mouth while at the same time giving a stronger signal than a flat mouthpiece. The mouthpiece is inlaid with copper to promote moistness in the mouth. Close-up of the bit shown at left.
• Curb: Leather Curb Strap with Rawhide #CU40. This curb is made of 1/2 inch hand-edged latigo and is complimented with handbraided rawhide balls and loops. This curb is AQHA and NRCHA legal on snaffles.
• Reins: XX Harness Leather Split Reins #ASR3. These reins are 7 to 7 1/2 feet long and 5/8 inch wide. They are just right for riding colts, are heavy enough to show in and have great feel. Close-up of the reins at left.
This is the bridle the pros start and show their colts in; very functional, exceptional handmade quality, and built to last. Also shown on the horse is the Shaped Breast Collar #BC2 which may be purchased separately.
Get this beautiful professional quality handmade bridle ready to ride!
Bridle with Eggbutt & Mecate #HT2
The Bridle w/ Eggbutt & Mecate #HT2 is made up of the:
• Headstall: 3/4 inch Browband Headstall #HS24. This browband headstall is made of heavy single ply harness leather, 3/4 inches wide. The leather has been hand-edged, hand-rubbed, oiled with Neatsfoot Oil and hand-rubbed again. The browband is doubled and stitched which helps give this headstall a very eye-catching appearance. The throatlatch is made of 5/8 inch single ply leather. All the buckles are beveled stainless steel with leather loop keepers. The leather beneath the buckles is hand sewn together to prevent the buckles from slipping which helps make this headstall so easy to adjust to fit different horses. This bridle is available in 3 headstall sizes (see dropdown). The small horse size has a 28 inch crown and is designed to fit horses under 14 1/2 hands. The average horse size has a 33 inch crown to fit horses approximately 14 1/2 to 15 1/2 hands. The large horse size comes with a 36 inch crown and is designed to fit horses over 15 1/2 hands.
• Bit: Eggbutt Snaffle #18. The eggbutt mouthpiece has a slight bow which tends to be easier on the mouth while at the same time giving a clearer signal than the ring snaffle by applying pressure to the mouth on the opposite side of the pull. The mouthpiece is inlaid with copper to promote moistness in the mouth.
• Curb: Leather Curb Strap with Rawhide #CU40. This eye catching curb is made of 1/2 inch hand-edged latigo and is complimented with handbraided rawhide balls and loops. This curb is AQHA and NRCHA legal on snaffles.
• Mecate: Round 5/8 inch Nylon Mecate #DMR5. This mecate is made of round 5/8 inch brown braid-on-braid nylon and is available in your choice of 22 or 24 foot lengths (see dropdown to order). The 22 foot is a good length for colts and horses 14 hands and under while the 24 foot length works well on those over 14 hands. It’s made with a ring knot and tassel at one end and a 5/8 inch leather popper at the opposite end. The mecate is attached to the bit with slobber straps.
• Slobber Straps: Slobber Straps #ZL. These slobber straps are made of 2 inch x 5 1/2 inch (folded) racetrack harness leather.
This is a durable, punchy outfit that will last through years of hard use. This bridle will feel good in your hands and to the horse, it is made of the best leather I can buy. The eggbutt is stainless steel.
Make it easy on yourself! Get this extremely high quality bridle ready to ride!