Straight Breast Collar with Rawhide Braid #BC5
Description: This Straight Breast Collar with Rawhide Braid is accented with 6 inches of exquisitely hand braided rawhide on each side of the body. It’s available in all natural rawhide, natural rawhide with black ring knots (see first photo on horse at left), or natural rawhide with black interweave (see second photo on horse at left). Along with the quality of leather and workmanship the rawhide accents make it beautiful in the show ring!
Crafting: The body is 1 inch racetrack leather and is lined with burgundy latigo. I line the chafe under the center dee with sheepskin. The hold down strap is adjustable single ply leather with an easily adjustable buckle. The tugs are 3/4 inch wide. Dees, buckles and snap are all beveled stainless steel.
2 Rein Outfit #HU7
The 2 Rein Outfit is made of the:
Bosalita: The Bosalita is made of hand braided rawhide on your choice of a soft or hard core (see dropdown) and comes with an 3/8 inch handmade latigo California Style Hanger. The nose button is 7 inches in length. At 5 inches in width between the hanger buttons this bosalita is available in 11 & 12 inch lengths from top to bottom. Please see the picture at left for size measurement descriptions. General guidelines for bosalita length: the 11 inch bosalita will fit a small to medium size muzzle and the 12 inch bosalita will fit a larger horse, generally those horses 15.2 hands and over that weigh 1250 lbs. or more.
Mecate: This #DK1 3/8 inch 4 strand Horse Mane-Hair Mecate has a firm twist, good body and a very soft hand. It is twisted on a horsehair core and is 22 feet in length. I have various colors available including sorrels, greys, blacks and whites. Please call for color availability 817-312-5305. If I don’t hear from you, I will choose the color.
Bridle: The bridle is made up of the #HS53 Two Buckle Slide Ear Headstall with Rawhide with slot conchos, the #A4 Steel C Shank Bit with Silver with the #4F mouthpiece with roller (this bit is NRCHA legal), the #CU21 Double Buckle Leather Curb (also NRCHA legal) and the beautiful hand-braided #CCR1 Rawhide Romal Reins. These reins are 108 inches in length and are braided on a 1/4 inch core (see dropdown).
How it works: The 2 rein is used when you’re taking your young horses from the hackamore to the bit. It helps them keep a light mouth while you’re advancing their training. Because you’re using the bosalita and mecate the majority of the time in the beginning of the 2 Rein training process, your horse learns to carry the bit correctly without ever having his mouth pulled on. You can adjust the length of the mecate and reins as training progresses and transfer to predominantly romal use as your horse advances. By using the 2 Rein, your horse learns to work without pushing on the bit or throwing its head. It will more easily be able to work tough cattle or do any other type of work successfully as a bridle horse.
This is a top quality, functional set up for your 2 rein horse.
Bridle with Eggbutt & Mecate #HT2
The Bridle w/ Eggbutt & Mecate #HT2 is made up of the:
• Headstall: 3/4 inch Browband Headstall #HS24. This browband headstall is made of heavy single ply harness leather, 3/4 inches wide. The leather has been hand-edged, hand-rubbed, oiled with Neatsfoot Oil and hand-rubbed again. The browband is doubled and stitched which helps give this headstall a very eye-catching appearance. The throatlatch is made of 5/8 inch single ply leather. All the buckles are beveled stainless steel with leather loop keepers. The leather beneath the buckles is hand sewn together to prevent the buckles from slipping which helps make this headstall so easy to adjust to fit different horses. This bridle is available in 3 headstall sizes (see dropdown). The small horse size has a 28 inch crown and is designed to fit horses under 14 1/2 hands. The average horse size has a 33 inch crown to fit horses approximately 14 1/2 to 15 1/2 hands. The large horse size comes with a 36 inch crown and is designed to fit horses over 15 1/2 hands.
• Bit: Eggbutt Snaffle #18. The eggbutt mouthpiece has a slight bow which tends to be easier on the mouth while at the same time giving a clearer signal than the ring snaffle by applying pressure to the mouth on the opposite side of the pull. The mouthpiece is inlaid with copper to promote moistness in the mouth.
• Curb: Leather Curb Strap with Rawhide #CU40. This eye catching curb is made of 1/2 inch hand-edged latigo and is complimented with handbraided rawhide balls and loops. This curb is AQHA and NRCHA legal on snaffles.
• Mecate: Round 5/8 inch Nylon Mecate #DMR5. This mecate is made of round 5/8 inch brown braid-on-braid nylon and is available in your choice of 22 or 24 foot lengths (see dropdown to order). The 22 foot is a good length for colts and horses 14 hands and under while the 24 foot length works well on those over 14 hands. It’s made with a ring knot and tassel at one end and a 5/8 inch leather popper at the opposite end. The mecate is attached to the bit with slobber straps.
• Slobber Straps: Slobber Straps #ZL. These slobber straps are made of 2 inch x 5 1/2 inch (folded) racetrack harness leather.
This is a durable, punchy outfit that will last through years of hard use. This bridle will feel good in your hands and to the horse, it is made of the best leather I can buy. The eggbutt is stainless steel.
Make it easy on yourself! Get this extremely high quality bridle ready to ride!
Cowboy Headstall with Rawhide or Kangaroo #HS51
Description: The Cowboy Headstall With Rawhide or Kangaroo #HS51 is made of leather that is exquisitely covered in hand braided rawhide or kangaroo. Available in your choice of six designs; A-all natural rawhide, B-natural rawhide with black ring knots, C-natural rawhide with black interweave, D-black kangaroo with rawhide buttons, E-black kangaroo and F-black kangaroo with rawhide buttons and ring knots (see pictures at left). The headstall is made of 5/8 inch harness leather and the crown and sliding ear piece are covered in braided rawhide or kangaroo that is beveled so it’s smooth to the touch. The sliding ear piece is designed to fit both small and large horses comfortably. The beveled buckle is stainless steel and the leather beneath the buckle is handsewn together to keep the buckle from slipping.
This is a gorgeous headstall and looks great in the show pen, especially with the #BC5 Straight Breast Collar with Rawhide (available in natural or natural with black accents) or the #BC7 Full Rawhide Braided Breast Collar and the #CCR1 Rawhide Romel Reins. This headstall is available with your choice of slot concho, concho, or tie string bit ends (see dropdown).
Shown with slot conchos.
Shown on the bay horse in addition to the Cowboy Headstall with Rawhide or Kangaroo in rawhide is the #B92 Spanish Bit with Frog Mouthpiece, and the #CCR1 Rawhide Romel Reins. Shown on the roan horse in addition to the Cowboy Headstall with Rawhide or Kangaroo in black kangaroo with rawhide buttons is the Steel Short S Shank Bit #B2 with roller and the Double Buckle Leather Curb Strap #CU21.
Doubled and Stitched Browband Headstall #HS34
Description: The Doubled and Stitched Browband Headstall is made of 3/4 inch race track harness leather lined with oil-tanned lining leather. Race track harness is a very dense, fine grained leather which makes it strong but flexible. This is the best leather I can buy. The lining leather feels good against your horse’s face. The headstall has beveled stainless steel adjustment buckles with leather keepers on each cheek. The leather beneath the buckles is hand sewn together to prevent the buckles from slipping. The throatlatch is 5/8 inch racetrack leather. The headstall has been edged, hand-rubbed, treated with Neatsfoot Oil and hand-rubbed again. The crown piece on this headstall comes in 2 sizes: 36 inches in length for those horses 15 hands and under and 40 inches for those over 15 hands (see dropdown for choices).
How it works: The short cheek pieces on this headstall keep the buckles away from the horse’s eyes. This doubled & stitched headstall is not thicker than a single ply leather headstall and will have that good feel in your hands and on the horse. A beautiful hard-working headstall made to fit a horse. The #BC1 Straight Breastcollar looks real good with this headstall and is a nice combination for the Versatility Ranch shows.
Crafting: To make a doubled and stitched headstall I take the race track harness and the oil-tanned lining leathers and split them to the correct thickesses. Next I glue the 2 pieces and carefully cut the desired shapes. Finally it’s stitched together. Doubled and stitched leather is more durable and longer lasting than single ply leather and also has a nice eye-catching appearance.
Bit ends are tear drop shaped with your choice of slot conchos, conchos or tie ends (see dropdown).
Shown with slot conchos.
Basket Stamped One Buckle Slide Ear Headstall #HS41
Description: The Basket Stamped One Buckle Slide Ear Headstall is made of 5/8 inch double and stitched skirting leather. It has a precisely designed slide ear piece to fit comfortably on any age or size horse. The stainless steel buckle is beveled. The extra hand stitching just below the buckle prevents it from slipping making the headstall very easy to adjust. The headstall is completely hand stamped and has a hand braided rawhide loop keeper.
Crafting: To make a doubled and stitched headstall I take 2 pieces of skirting leather and split them to the correct thicknesses. Next I glue the 2 pieces and carefully cut the desired shapes. Finally it’s stitched together and stamped. Doubled and stitched leather is more durable and longer lasting than single ply leather. The doubled & stitched items are not thicker than single ply leather so still have that good feel in your hands and on the horse.
Available with your choice of slot concho, concho, or tie string bit ends (see dropdown).
Shown with slot conchos.