Pulling Breast Collar #BC4
Description: This Pulling Breast Collar is made of harness leather with a sheepskin lined leather chafe under the ring. The adjustable hold down strap and tugs are 1 inch wide. They run through the gullet and are buckled around the swells. The tug keepers are extra long on this breast collar so the ends of the tugs don’t interfere with your reins. The ring, dees, roller buckles and snap are all stainless steel. The leather is hand edged, hand-rubbed, treated with Neatsfoot Oil and hand-rubbed again.
How it works: A lot of riders, especially ranchers and ropers, prefer pulling collars over other breast collars because the pulling collar lies above the top line of the shoulder to leave shoulder movement completely unrestricted. This allows a horse to really power into the pull when roping. The tugs on this collar are extra long for plenty of adjustment to fit large to small horses. The hold down strap is also adjustable to fit small and large horses. It should be worn snug to prevent the pulling collar from moving up and cutting off the horse’s air during a hard pull.
This is a hard working and comfortable breast collar that will allow unrestricted shoulder movement on your horses. It will last for years of hard use regardless of whether you rope, ranch, trail or pleasure ride or all of the above.
Cowboy Headstall with Rawhide or Kangaroo #HS51
Description: The Cowboy Headstall With Rawhide or Kangaroo #HS51 is made of leather that is exquisitely covered in hand braided rawhide or kangaroo. Available in your choice of six designs; A-all natural rawhide, B-natural rawhide with black ring knots, C-natural rawhide with black interweave, D-black kangaroo with rawhide buttons, E-black kangaroo and F-black kangaroo with rawhide buttons and ring knots (see pictures at left). The headstall is made of 5/8 inch harness leather and the crown and sliding ear piece are covered in braided rawhide or kangaroo that is beveled so it’s smooth to the touch. The sliding ear piece is designed to fit both small and large horses comfortably. The beveled buckle is stainless steel and the leather beneath the buckle is handsewn together to keep the buckle from slipping.
This is a gorgeous headstall and looks great in the show pen, especially with the #BC5 Straight Breast Collar with Rawhide (available in natural or natural with black accents) or the #BC7 Full Rawhide Braided Breast Collar and the #CCR1 Rawhide Romel Reins. This headstall is available with your choice of slot concho, concho, or tie string bit ends (see dropdown).
Shown with slot conchos.
Shown on the bay horse in addition to the Cowboy Headstall with Rawhide or Kangaroo in rawhide is the #B92 Spanish Bit with Frog Mouthpiece, and the #CCR1 Rawhide Romel Reins. Shown on the roan horse in addition to the Cowboy Headstall with Rawhide or Kangaroo in black kangaroo with rawhide buttons is the Steel Short S Shank Bit #B2 with roller and the Double Buckle Leather Curb Strap #CU21.
Bridle with 3/8″ Snaffle & XX Reins #HT3
The Bridle w/ 3/8″ Snaffle & XX Reins #HT3 is made up of the:
• Headstall: 3/4 inch Browband Headstall #HS25. This headstall is made of heavy single ply harness leather, 3/4 inches wide. The leather has been hand-edged, hand-rubbed, oiled with Neatsfoot Oil and hand-rubbed again. The browband is doubled and stitched. The throatlatch is made of 5/8 inch single ply leather. All the buckles are beveled stainless steel with leather loop keepers. The leather beneath the buckles is hand sewn together to prevent the buckles from slipping which makes this headstall so easy to adjust between horses. This bridle is available in 2 headstall sizes (see dropdown). The average horse size has a 33″ crown to fit horses 15 hands and under and the large horse comes with a 36″ crown and is designed to fit horses over 15 hands. The short cheek pieces on this headstall keep the buckles away from the horse’s eyes.
• Bit: 5/16″ Ring Snaffle #17 with the #9 3/8″ mouthpiece. The mouthpiece on this snaffle has a slight bow which tends to be easier on the mouth while at the same time giving a stronger signal than a flat mouthpiece. The mouthpiece is inlaid with copper to promote moistness in the mouth. Close-up of the bit shown at left.
• Curb: Leather Curb Strap with Rawhide #CU40. This curb is made of 1/2 inch hand-edged latigo and is complimented with handbraided rawhide balls and loops. This curb is AQHA and NRCHA legal on snaffles.
• Reins: XX Harness Leather Split Reins #ASR3. These reins are 7 to 7 1/2 feet long and 5/8 inch wide. They are just right for riding colts, are heavy enough to show in and have great feel. Close-up of the reins at left.
This is the bridle the pros start and show their colts in; very functional, exceptional handmade quality, and built to last. Also shown on the horse is the Shaped Breast Collar #BC2 which may be purchased separately.
Get this beautiful professional quality handmade bridle ready to ride!
Cow Horse Bridle #HT9
The #HT9 Cow Horse Bridle is made up of the:
Headstall: The#HS51 Cowboy Headstall with Braided Rawhide is made of 5/8 inch harness leather. The crown and sliding ear piece are covered with exquisite hand braided rawhide. The sliding ear piece is designed to fit both small and large horses. The beveled buckle is stainless steel. The leather beneath the buckle is handsewn together to keep the buckle from slipping during adjustments.
Bit: The #A6 Steel Calvary Shank Bit is made of very high strength 4130 steel, the joints are smooth, this bit is made to last a lifetime. The hand engraved nickel silver on the shanks makes this beautiful both in and out of the show arena. This bit is available with your choice of 2 mouthpieces: the #4F w/roller or the #4B w/roller (see picture at left). Each is 5 1/8 inches wide, 7/16th of an inch in diameter, and has a 1 inch port. The roller is copper. This is a favorite in many disciplines including cowhorse, and is legal in NRCHA competition with either of these 2 mouthpieces. Choose the mouthpiece you need in the dropdown. Close-up of the bit with #4F mouthpiece (without a roller) is shown at left.
Bit Hobble: The #BH41 Bit Hobble has a beautiful hand braided rawhide ball and hand braided rawhide loop keepers. It is made of 1/2 inch hand edged latigo leather and is 5 1/8 inches wide. The latigo leather that has been rubbed and waxed.
Curb: The #CU21 Double Buckle Leather Curb is made of single ply 5/8 inch harness leather that is hand-edged, hand-rubbed, treated with Neatsfoot Oil and hand-rubbed again. It is both AQHA legal and NRCHA legal on a bridle.
Romal Reins: The #CCR1 Rawhide Romal Reins are made of finely braided rawhide, crafted by an expert braider, with 45 buttons and 9 barrel knots. The popper is hand stamped double and stitched skirting leather. Reins are braided on your choice of 2 core widths: 3/16 inch for smaller hands and 1/4 inch for bigger hands (see dropdown). The romal and reins are connected with an 1/2 inch latigo strap with rawhide balls and loops and the reins have stainless steel swivel snaps. The romal and reins are each 48 inches long and connectors are 12 inches for a total length of 108 inches. Close-up of the reins shown at left.
This is an absolutely beautiful, top quality outfit for your bridle horse. It is NRCHA legal for all bridle horse classes. Also shown on the horse is the #BC7 Full Rawhide Braided Breast Collar which may be purchased separately.
Bridle with Aluminum Bit & Doubled & Stitched Reins #HT5
The Bridle with Aluminum Bit & Doubled and Stitched Reins #HT5 is made up of the:
• Headstall: Cowboy Headstall #HS51 with Braided Rawhide. The crown and sliding ear piece on this beautiful headstall are covered with exquisite hand braided rawhide. The sliding ear piece is designed to fit both small and large horses comfortably.
• Bit: 7″ Aluminum Shank Bit #B9. This bit comes with your choice of steel mouthpieces (order in dropdown). This is a good mild bit to introduce your colt to a shanked bit from a snaffle or hackamore. This lightweight shanks allow a soft touch to pull a green horse around to teach them to turn and maneuver in a shank bit. Close-up of the bit and mouthpiece choices shown at left. Shown with mouthpiece #2B.
• Curb: Curb Strap with Flat Chain #CU10. This curb strap is made of an 1/2 inch wide chain attached between two 1/2 inch burgundy latigo leather straps that are hand-edged, hand-rubbed and waxed. The curb can be attached to the bit with the chain flat or with the chain in a twisted position. The beveled buckles, chain and wire loops are all made of stainless steel. This curb is AQHA legal when attached with the chain in the flat position.
• Reins: Latigo on Latigo 5/8″ Reins Med Wt #BLL1 or Latigo on Latigo 5/8″ Reins Heavy Wt #BLL2. Your choice of medium or heavy weight Double and Stitched Reins (see dropdown) are made particularly for our shorter cutting and cow horses. At 7 feet in length they are perfect for keeping your horse gathered in those quick tight turns while never touching the ground. Close-up of the reins shown at left.
This is a really good bridle to transition your colt to from a snaffle or hackamore. It can also be used on the older horse that needs a light weight, mild bit. Make it easy on yourself! Get this beautifully hand made top quality bridle ready to ride!
Browband Headstall with Braided Rawhide #HS55
Description: The Browband Headstall with Braided Rawhide #HS55 is made of 3/4 inch single ply harness leather with hand-braided rawhide on the cheek pieces and a beautiful rawhide accent on the browband. The buckles on each cheek are beveled stainless steel with hand braided rawhide loops. The leather beneath the buckles is stitched to keep the buckles from slipping. This is a beautiful piece for work or show and is stunning on your snaffle bit colt! This headstall looks real good with the the #BC5 Straight Breast Collar with Rawhide or the #BC7 Full Rawhide Braided Breast Collar and with the #CCR1 Rawhide Romel Reins..
Available with your choice of slot concho, concho or tie string bit ends (see dropdown).
Shown with slot conchos.