Straight Breast Collar #BC1
Description: The Straight Breast Collar is made of 1 inch wide harness leather lined with burgundy latigo. I make this breastcollar with a sheepskin lined leather chafe under the ring. The adjustable hold down strap is 3/4 inch wide with 3/4 inch tug straps. The ring, dees, buckles and snap are all beveled stainless steel. The leather is hand edged, hand-rubbed, treated with Neatsfoot Oil and hand-rubbed again. This breast collar is also available in 3/4 inch size for the “petite mare” (see dropdown). This is a top quality, very versatile, handmade breast collar you will be proud to own!
Cow Horse Bridle #HT9
The #HT9 Cow Horse Bridle is made up of the:
Headstall: The#HS51 Cowboy Headstall with Braided Rawhide is made of 5/8 inch harness leather. The crown and sliding ear piece are covered with exquisite hand braided rawhide. The sliding ear piece is designed to fit both small and large horses. The beveled buckle is stainless steel. The leather beneath the buckle is handsewn together to keep the buckle from slipping during adjustments.
Bit: The #A6 Steel Calvary Shank Bit is made of very high strength 4130 steel, the joints are smooth, this bit is made to last a lifetime. The hand engraved nickel silver on the shanks makes this beautiful both in and out of the show arena. This bit is available with your choice of 2 mouthpieces: the #4F w/roller or the #4B w/roller (see picture at left). Each is 5 1/8 inches wide, 7/16th of an inch in diameter, and has a 1 inch port. The roller is copper. This is a favorite in many disciplines including cowhorse, and is legal in NRCHA competition with either of these 2 mouthpieces. Choose the mouthpiece you need in the dropdown below. Close-up of the bit with #4F mouthpiece (without a roller) is shown at left.
Bit Hobble: The #BH41 Bit Hobble has a beautiful hand braided rawhide ball and hand braided rawhide loop keepers. It is made of 1/2 inch hand edged latigo leather and is 5 1/8 inches wide. The latigo leather that has been rubbed and waxed.
Curb: The #CU21 Double Buckle Leather Curbis made of single ply 5/8 inch harness leather that is hand-edged, hand-rubbed, treated with Neatsfoot Oil and hand-rubbed again. It is both AQHA legal and NRCHA legal on a bridle.
Romal Reins: The #CCR1 Rawhide Romal Reins are made of finely braided rawhide, crafted by an expert braider, with 45 buttons and 9 barrel knots. The popper is hand stamped double and stitched skirting leather. Reins are braided on your choice of 2 core widths: 3/16 inch for smaller hands and 1/4 inch for bigger hands (see dropdown). The romal and reins are connected with an 1/2 inch latigo strap with rawhide balls and loops and the reins have stainless steel swivel snaps. The romal and reins are each 48 inches long and connectors are 12 inches for a total length of 108 inches. Close-up of the reins shown at left.
This is an absolutely beautiful, top quality outfit for your bridle horse. It is NRCHA legal for all bridle horse classes. Also shown on the horse is the #BC7 Full Rawhide Braided Breast Collar which may be purchased separately.
Bridle w/ Eggbutt & Harness Leather Reins #HT1
This Bridle w/ Eggbutt & Harness Leather Reins #HT1 is made up of:
• Headstall: 3/4 Inch Browband Headstall #HS24. This headstall is made of heavy single ply harness leather, 3/4 inches wide. The leather has been hand-edged, hand-rubbed, oiled with Neatsfoot Oil and hand-rubbed again. The browband is doubled and stitched which helps give this headstall a very eye-catching appearance. The throatlatch is made of 5/8 inch single ply leather. All the buckles are beveled stainless steel with leather loop keepers. The leather beneath the buckles is hand sewn together to prevent the buckles from slipping which helps make this headstall so nice to adjust to fit different horses. This bridle is available in 3 headstall sizes (see dropdown). The small horse size has a 28 inch crown and is designed to fit horses under 14 1/2 hands. The average horse size has a 33 inch crown to fit horses approximately 14 1/2 to 15 1/2 hands. The large horse size comes with a 36 inch crown and is designed to fit horses over 15 1/2 hands.
• Bit: Eggbutt Snaffle #18. The eggbutt snaffle mouthpiece has a slight bow which tends to be easier on the mouth while at the same time giving a slightly more direct signal than the ring snaffle. The mouthpiece is inlaid with copper to promote salivation.
• Curb: Rawhide Ball Curb #CU40. This Rawhide Ball Curb is made of 1/2 inch hand-edged latigo and is complimented with handbraided rawhide balls and loops. This curb is AQHA and NRCHA legal.
Reins: Two rein choices available (see dropdown).
• DM Harness Leather Split Reins #ASR6. These reins are hand cut, hand-edged, 6 1/2 to 7 feet long and 5/8 inch wide. They are just right for riding colts and they feel great.
• X Harness Leather Split Reins #ASR4. These reins average 7 to 7 1/2 feet in length and are 5/8 of an inch wide. These are a good choice for colts and horses over 14 hands.
Make it easy! Get this very great handmade bridle ready to ride!