DM Straight Cinch #10CS
Description: These hand-tied premium-grade cinches are made of 31 strands of Mohair-blend cinch cord. Most cinches have 27 strands of cord or less. The extra strands allow the pressure to be spread further and also feel better to the horse. It’s just a more comfortable cinch. The carefully hand-crafted buckles are made from round stainless steel rod and have washers on each side of the tongue to hold it straight. Center strap is nylon web with 1 inch stainless steel dees. Cinches have a nylon web keeper for the double off tails on the right side. These cinches come in a variety of sizes to fit all horses (see dropdown).
How it works: This 31 strand cinch will not curl or stretch and will last for years. The carefully crafted buckles are designed to always pull straight to prevent galling. Dennis Moreland Cinches have been the top choice of professional horsemen for over forty years. Watch the video and read my blog: How to Measure for Cinch Length to make sure you get a cinch that fits.
You will not find a better made cinch anywhere, nor will you find another that looks and feels this good, I guarantee it. Give it a try and if you don’t agree, your money back. Dennis
DM Roper Cinch #11CR
Description: The hand-tied premium-grade DM Roper Cinch #11 CR is made of 31 strands of Mohair-blend cinch cord. Most cinches have 27 strands of cord or less. The extra strands allow the pressure to be spread further and also feel better to the horse. It’s just a more comfortable cinch. The buckles are made from round stainless steel rod with washers to hold the tongue straight. This DM Roper Cinch comes with a nylon web center strap with 1 inch stainless steel dees and a nylon web keeper for the double off tails on the right side. Roper cinches are available for any sized horse (see dropdown).
How it works: This 31 strand cinch will not curl or stretch and will last for years. The carefully crafted buckles are designed to always pull straight to prevent galling. The roper cinches are wide through the center to spread the pressure from the pull over the belly. Watch the video and read my blog: How to Measure for Cinch Length to make sure you get a cinch that fits.
Dennis Moreland Roper Cinches have been the top choice of professional horsemen for over forty years.
Double Rope Hackamore #HV30
Description: The noseband on this Double Rope Hackamore is made of 2 pieces of 3/8 inch nylon rope. At 5 inches in width between the cheeks this hackamore is 12 inches in length from top to bottom. I can make additional sizes but you will need to call to order: 817-312-5305. This hackamore is made with a browband headstall, fiador and with your choice of hackamore rein (see dropdown).
Rein Choice: You can see the reins available in the hackamore rein category. The rein you choose will be tied to the hackamore before I send it.
How it works: The double rope hackamore pulls over a wider area on the bridge of the nose than the #HV20 Single Rope Hackamore. This causes the hackamore to give a slightly softer and milder signal. The weight of the heel knot allows it to fall quickly when the pressure on the reins is released which in turn releases the pressure of the noseband on the face. This series of events happens smoothly and quickly to reward the horse instantly for a proper response. This is a perfect hackamore to start colts in.
Shown with the #CHR3 Hand Braided Nylon Hackamore Rein. With this rein the price is $284.99.
Latigo Browband Headstall #HS29
Description: The Latigo Browband Headstall is made of 3/4 inch latigo leather that’s also been lined with latigo for extra comfort for your horse. This is a very tight, fine-grained latigo that’s hand selected for me at the tannery. It’s strong but flexible and is the best latigo leather I can buy. This headstall has beveled stainless steel adjustment buckles with rollers. Hand braided rawhide keepers hold the crown piece ends in place on each cheek. The latigo beneath the buckles is hand sewn together to prevent the buckles from slipping. The throatlatch is 5/8 inch wide. This headstall has been edged, hand-rubbed, treated with Neatsfoot Oil and hand-rubbed again.
Sizing: The crown piece on this headstall comes in 2 sizes: 36 inches and 40 inches (see dropdown for choices). The crown has 7 adjustment holes with 5/8 inch spaces between the holes for very fine adjustments. From the point where the headstall attaches to the bit on each side the 36 inch crown adjusts from 34 to 42 inches. The 40 inch crown adjusts from 39 to 46 inches. In general the 36 inch crown fits horses 15 hands and under and the 40 inch fits horses over 15 hands.
How it works: The short cheek pieces on this headstall keep the buckles away from the horse’s eyes. Because the latigo has been split to just the right thickness this lined headstall is not any thicker than a single ply headstall but it is stronger and will last even longer. This is a beautiful hard-working headstall made to fit a horse.
Crafting: To make this doubled and stitched headstall I take the two pieces of latigo leather and split them to the correct thicknesses. Next I glue the 2 pieces and carefully cut the desired shapes. Finally it’s stitched together. Doubled and stitched latigo is more durable and longer lasting than single ply and also has a nice eye-catching appearance.
This headstall matches all of the doubled and stitched reins made here at Dennis Moreland Tack. It has teardrop bit ends and comes with your choice of slot conchos, conchos or tie string bit ends (see dropdown).
Cowboy Split Ear Headstall #HS11
Description: The Cowboy Split Ear Headstall is made of single ply 5/8 inch heavy harness leather. The buckle is beveled stainless steel with a leather loop keeper. The leather beneath the buckle is hand sewn together to prevent the buckle from slipping. The headstall has been edged, hand-rubbed, oiled with Neatsfoot Oil and hand-rubbed again. The Cowboy Split Ear is designed with teardrop bit ends.
How it works: This headstall has an extra-long ear split which allows it to nicely fit all horses, big and small. This headstall really fits a horse. This is my favorite single ply headstall and continues to be one of my best sellers. I designed the pattern for this when I started my business in 1976 and in those days I used to trace it on the leather by using a wooden pattern I had carved! The design has not changed (but my pattern isn’t wooden anymore)!
Available with your choice of tie end, slot concho or concho bit ends (see dropdown). Slot conchos are the safest way to attach a headstall to a bit, I highly recommend the slot concho. They’re punchy and they look great. Dennis
Shown with slot conchos.
Bridle with Eggbutt & Harness Leather Reins #HT1
This Bridle w/ Eggbutt & Harness Leather Reins #HT1 is made up of:
• Headstall: 3/4 Inch Browband Headstall #HS24. This headstall is made of heavy single ply harness leather, 3/4 inches wide. The leather has been hand-edged, hand-rubbed, oiled with Neatsfoot Oil and hand-rubbed again. The browband is doubled and stitched which helps give this headstall a very eye-catching appearance. The throatlatch is made of 5/8 inch single ply leather. All the buckles are beveled stainless steel with leather loop keepers. The leather beneath the buckles is hand sewn together to prevent the buckles from slipping which helps make this headstall so nice to adjust to fit different horses. This bridle is available in 3 headstall sizes (see dropdown). The small horse size has a 28 inch crown and is designed to fit horses under 14 1/2 hands. The average horse size has a 33 inch crown to fit horses approximately 14 1/2 to 15 1/2 hands. The large horse size comes with a 36 inch crown and is designed to fit horses over 15 1/2 hands.
• Bit: Eggbutt Snaffle #18. The eggbutt snaffle mouthpiece has a slight bow which tends to be easier on the mouth while at the same time giving a slightly more direct signal than the ring snaffle. The mouthpiece is inlaid with copper to promote salivation.
• Curb: Rawhide Ball Curb #CU40. This Rawhide Ball Curb is made of 1/2 inch hand-edged latigo and is complimented with handbraided rawhide balls and loops. This curb is AQHA and NRCHA legal on a snaffle.
Reins: Two rein choices available (see dropdown).
• DM Harness Leather Split Reins #ASR6. These reins are hand cut, hand-edged, 6 1/2 to 7 feet long and 5/8 inch wide. They are just right for riding colts and they feel great.
• X Harness Leather Split Reins #ASR4. These reins average 7 to 7 1/2 feet in length and are 5/8 of an inch wide. These are a good choice for colts and horses over 14 hands.
Make it easy! Get this handmade bridle ready to ride! It’s AQHA and NRCHA legal in snaffle bit classes.